My name is Jose Gálvez, “Cicu”.
I came to the photo by chance in 2009, self-taught author.
I am currently immersed in Urban photography and projects on documentary photography, I shoot both digital and analogical, in my images I try to tell the daily life and those moments that make each moment unique. Most of my work is in black and white with very contrasted images, although I do not discard the color as you can see.
I have participated in several exhibitions and collective publications.
- “The Other Look”, Caritas. 2011
- “The Color Dormido” exhibition in Black and White, 2012
- “Murales De San Isidro”, Tribute to Miguel Hernández, Orihuela, 2012
- “Urban Photography Exhibition” Orihuela, 2013
- “Contemporary Museum of Alarcon”, Cuenca 2015
- “Collective exhibition at the Fotomatón Festival
- “Murals of San Isidro 1976-2012” ISBN: 978-84-616-3500-9
Collaborations and Projects:
- Founding member of Street Soul Photography Collective
- Founding Member of EFI (Iberian Photo Encounter)
- Select Photographer DNG Magazine
- Founding member of the Festival Photomatón
Here you can see my work on photography, both urban and social reporting and empty urban spaces where the hand of man has left its imprint.